09 January 2010

Stiff By Mary Roach ((Chunk 3))

In the closing chapter's of Mary Roach's book STIFF she discusses the advancements that past doctors have made regarding the process of brain stimulation after the person in question has said to be deceased. More so she discusses choices, the choice of the type of burial you would desire or would you desire to donate your body to science. At this point she is no longer just merely stating facts she now gives her opinion on the subject .

Application : Are you in favor of traditional burial or body donation ? Why ?

Style : What are her purposes at the close of the book ?

2 comments:

  1. Application: I am in favor of both because I feel that it is a personal decision. I personally am going to chose a traditional burial because I do not want my body parts to end up in all regions of the world. I somewhat consider myself a hypocrite because I totally support body donation for scientific advancement but its not something I would choose right now for me when I die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Style: I think her purposes are to inform people of the benefits of donating your body and all he positive things that can happen, but also to expose the cons such as cannabalism and upsetting your family.

    ReplyDelete